SC.counselling provides an integrative counselling approach as everyone is unique. This means that I will use a combination of approaches or vary the approach depending your needs. Some approaches I often practice as a counsellor are, person centered therapy, CBT, creative therapy, solution focused, systemic, TA and psychodynamic.
However, whilst approach of therapy is important, the relationship between the counsellor and client is the most important thing. I will therefore ensure you are safe and comfortable in sessions.
Issues I can help with
- Low mood
- Traumatic experiences
- Work stresses (unemployment, stressful work environments, job changes due to COVID 19)
- School stresses (bullying, exams, schools changes due to COVID-19)
- Home issues
- Substance misuse
- & more
What platforms will be used for counselling?
Counselling can be carried out on any of the platforms below, this will be the clients choice.
- Whatsapp audio/video
- Phone call
Text therapy- Counselling can now also be offered via text message and Whatsapp messaging. These will be 1hr sessions.
This service will benefit people who:
- Find it easier to write about their feelings than to verbally speak about them.
- Existing clients who engage in virtual/telephone therapy and would like additional support in between sessions.
- People who may struggle to talk in private at home.
- Anyone with poor internet connection with video and can alternatively use text/whatsapp messaging.
- People with mild mental health difficulties/issues
- Can benefit those who live in small towns/rural areas with not many services nearby
Perks of text therapy:
- For some it is easier to write about things than to talk.
- It can feel more relaxing for some people
- Can be used as a one off support or an ongoing process
- You don’t have to worry about being overheard and messages can be deleted from your phone if you wish. However, they won’t be totally gone as I will have record of them.
- Alternatively, messages can be kept for reflection purposes